The Department of External Trade shall be responsible for :
- defining and implementing foreign trade policy ;
- providing incentives to promote exports ;
- monitoring imports and exports ;
- coordinating the activities of the National Technical Committee on the Trade Balance ;
- coordinating the activities of National Technical Committee for Monitoring the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization ;
- monitoring and reporting standards to the WTO ;
- monitoring the activities of international and regional organizations relating to trade ;
- negotiating and monitoring the implementation of trade agreements, in conjunction with the Legal Affairs Division and technical departments ;
- monitoring the activities of Cameroon's commercial representations abroad ;
- monitoring the marketing of commodities.
It shall comprise :
- the Unit of Studies and Trade Balance ;
- the Unit of Trade Cooperation ;
- the Sub-Department of Trade Operations.