Name : MBARGA ATANGANA
First names : Luc Bienvenu Magloire
Date and place of birth : 8 July 1954 at Nsazomo (Centre Region, Mefou and Afamba Division)
Marital Status : Married – With four (4) children
ACADEMICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1987 – 1988
- Diplôme d’Études Supérieures Spécialisées (DESS)-Diploma of Specialized Higher Studies -in Government Corporation Law (Universités Paris Dauphine et Paris Sud): Mention bien (Fair Mark).
- Graduate from the long-cycle system of the Paris- based International Institute of Public Administration (IIAP), René CASSIN Batch – Specialization: Government Corporation and Development
April – June 1988
- Field work Practice in Services de la Ville de Paris (Road Network, Water and Cleanliness), of S.A.G.E.P (Societé Anonyme de Gestion des eaux de Paris) and of La Lyonnaise des Eaux.
1983 – 1984
- Diplôme d’Études Supérieures Spécialisées (DESS) -Diploma of Specialized Higher Studies-in International Traffic, Maritime and Air Transport at Université deParis 1 – Panthéon – Sorbonne.
1976 – 1977
- Bachelor of Law and in Economics (Master) Specialization in Public Law at the University of Yaoundé: Mention Bien (Fair Mark).
1972 – 1973
- Baccalauréat Série A2 ( GCE Advanced Level) in Moyen Séminaire (Middle Seminary) of Mvolye (Yaoundé): Mention Bien (Fair Mark).
- Board Chairman of the Hydrocarbons Price Stabilization Fund (HPSF).
Since December 2004
- Minister of Trade of the Republic of Cameroon.
- Board Chairman of la Société des Bananeraies de la M’Bome.LaM’Bome banana plantationCompany.
- Since the liberalization of banana trade in Cameroon (February 1991 till date: Executive Secretary of the Cameroon Association of Banana Producers (ASSOBACAM), with Residence in Paris.
1995 – 2003
- Secretary General of all Banana Companies of Moungo (SPNP/SBM/PHP/SAB).
February 1983 – February 1991:
- Opening of the Delegation of Cameroon Banana Corporation (OCB) in Paris – First Delegate of the Organisation for Europe and Northern Africa, with residence in Paris.
1 July 1982 – February 1983:
- Sales Manager at the Headquaters of Cameroon Banana Corporation (OCB) in Douala. Establishing the Whole Corporation and administrative and commercial procedures.
November 1997 – 30 June 1981:
- Special Recruitment (based on academic results) at CameroonNational Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Assistant to the Head of Administrative Service
- Executive assistant (at that time Aide No.1 to the General Manager).
- Member of the ACP Banana Working Group.
- Spokesperson for African countries banana producers with the European Parliament and the European Commission.Spokesperson for African banana- producing countries with the European Parliament and the European Commission.
- Full Member of the Ad hoc Committee established by the European Commission for the Banana market within the European Union.
- Leading role in negotiations and the development of the EU banana import regime.
- Participation in various GATT and WTO panels on Banana (Geneva)
- May 1997 in Rome:Rapporteur of the 15thSession of the FAO Intergovernmental Group on bananas (Report adopted unanimously by all countries which were present or represented with congratulations from all Governments - Group members).
- Member of many Cameroonian Economic or Political Delegations worlwide (China, Europe, Mauritius, etc.);
- Member and Rapporteur of the Supervisory Board of the Banana Economic Interest Group (GIEB) - Paris, from 1987 to its dissolution (1993);
- Administrator of the Interprofessional Committee for Bananas (IPC) - Paris, from 1987 to its dissolution (1993).
- Knight of the National Order of Valour, (Decree No.2001/019 of 26 February 2001);
- Grand Officer of the Community Order of Merit (CEMAC) in 2007.